Current Research Activities
– [“next products”], research on product strategies and business models for a resilient and sustainable economy.
– [“kontext.works”], development of methods for product creation working with uncertainty and complex environments.
– “The Unmarked State” – Laws of Form 50th Anniversary conference. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the publication of Laws of Form, the seminal book by George Spencer-Brown.[Conference website]. Edited book published in conjunction with the conference forthcoming.
– “Meeting Cultures”, book project & card game with methods to make the time spent in meetings more valuable.
– “Form Analysis”, book project on analytical theories and methods to observe social forms and make this knowledge actionable. Based on Laws of Form by George Spencer-Brown.
– [“The Unmarked State” at the University of Liverpool].
– “formlabor” series of events focusing on the use of George Spencer Brown’s “Laws of Form” in management, consulting, and social sciences.
“Telling the Right Story: Product Management with Narratives”. Research Paper supporting the conference presentation, Working Products Conference 2018, Hamburg.
“User-Centering Scaled Agile Product Creation”, Research Paper supporting the conference presentation, Working Products Conference 2017, June 22 & 23, Hamburg.
“Interfaces for Sound: Representing Material in Pop Music Productions”, Conference Paper, Sound and Music Computing (SMC) Conference 2016, August 31 – September 3, Hamburg.
“The Music of Machines: Investigating Culture and Technology in Musical Creativity”, Conference Paper, XIII. Culture and Computer Science, May 29, 2015, Berlin.
With Kristina Andersen, “GiantSteps: Semi-Structured Conversations with Musicians”, Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Seoul, Korea, April 2015.
Society as Constructed Ontology? Open Peer Commentary, Constructivist Foundations Vol. 10, 2, March 2015.
Entropy as a Resource for Double Contingency. Open Peer Commentary, Constructivist Foundations Vol. 10, 1, Special Issue on Second-Order Science, November 2014.
Book publication “Locating Publics: Forms of Social Order in an Electronic Music Scene”, Springer VS, April 2014.
Invited Talks and Conferences
“Forms of Uncertainty: The Startup”. Conference Paper, The Unmarked State: Laws of Form 50th Anniversary Conference 2019, August 10, Liverpool.
“Das Schlüsselloch der Zukunft? Narrative im Produktmanagement”, Conference Presentation, Working Products Conference 2018, June 29 & 30, Hamburg.
“Techno, Hip Hop und agile Produktentwicklung”. Conference Presentation, Working Products Conference 2017, Hamburg.
Workshop “Collaborating with Intelligent Machines: Interfaces for Creative Sound”, CHI Conference 2015, Seoul, Korea, April 2015.
Presentation “Jamming with Machines”, 8th Midterm Conference of the European Research Network Sociology of the Arts, Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, September 4-6, 2014.
Panel talk “Giant Steps” at Sónar Festival, Barcelona, June 12, 2014. Discussing research done by the Giant Steps project.
Lecture “Locating Publics”, Zeppelin University, January 25, 2013. Presented an overview of my doctoral research project.
Lecture “Mediale Öffentlichkeiten von Musikkulturen”, University of Hamburg, January 26, 2012. An overview and discussion of new forms of publics in the light of online communication and distribution media.
Re-Synthesizing Theory. A Methodological Feedback Loop, Workshop contribution, Conference “The Methodologies of the System”, Hohenheim University, September 4-6, 2008.
Coding social form with Max/MSP, Workshop contribution, Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen, August 13, 2008.
Networked Organizations of Music Cultures, Lecture at Netaudio Festival Berlin, October 6, 2007.